Thursday 31 October 2013

Week 31-I'm Waging War!


This week has been a busy and tiring week. On Wednesday I was invited to attend a public forum at the University of the South Pacific. The topic was about the health needs of marginalised people and justice in Fiji. The marginalised people include- the beggars, sex workers, prisoners and single mothers. I found it so insightful and eye opening as the purpose of the forum was not to point fingers and find someone to blame but about finding solutions and interventions to improve the lives of marginalised people in the community.

New Week, New Me

I have been feeling like a new woman this week lol. I’ve been feeling so empowered because God has been releasing the strongholds and shackles off my feet. I mentioned that last week I was dealing with the spirit of depression and mastering my emotions, and well this week I’ve been finding new ways to guard my heart. For example I have been downloading sermons on self-control and guarding your heart and would listen to it whilst walking to work or play it aloud whilst I'm at home. Whenever the spirit creeps up on me and tries to attack me I replay it and start quoting scriptures and bind the enemy.

No Weapons Formed Against Me Shall Prosper

Lately I have been feeling like forces have been working against me-BUT I am confident that the Lord will rescue me from evil attack!!! I see that satan will use whomever he wants to in order to stop the plans of God from prevailing. The scripture declares that we fight not against flesh and blood but against principalities in heavenly places (Ephesians 6:12). People, it’s so important we have a discerning spirit so we are able to detect, expose and bind the plans of the enemy. We must be on our guard, standing firm in the faith, courageous and strong my brothers and sister (1 Corinthians 16:13).

I'm actually sick and tired of satan stealing what rightfully belongs to me, this week I had to wage war and take back what he had stolen from me. What's satan been stealing from you lately? Has he been causing divisions? Stealing your peace or joy? It's time to take it back, it's time to send satan packing, enough is enough!!!

My Rutoman Family!










At the moment I’m staying with such a lovely Rutoman family. God is sooo amazing, He knows how much I miss home and He has blessed me with a loving and generous family here in Fiji who have opened up their home to me and made me feel as though I'm apart of their family. I made dinner for them just the other day and through me looking after the children and cooking and cleaning I see that God is using these situations to improve my home making skills lol. 


Be Thankful & Bless His Name

I’m thankful for seasons like this because they are making me more independent and wiser  than ever before. I thank Yahweh for bringing me this far; I have overcome so many mountains and valleys all because of Him. Speaking of being thankful, this is an area that God has been dealing with in my life this week. Psalm 100:4 says “be thankful to Him and bless His name. The word bless means; to give thanks, exalt, worship, praise.  Gratitude is having a thankful spirit. Gratitude begins by acknowledging who God is and what He has done. Ingratitude, on the other hand, begins with a heart that refuses to be satisfied, that rejects the Giver as well as His gift (Romans 1:21). Sometimes I get so caught up in my adversity that I fail to thank Him for the little yet significant things like deodorant, a bed to lay my head and even shoes without holes to wear to work.

This walk is a journey and I’m learning to be more gracious with myself. I’m someone who likes things done to a high standard and this can also cause me to be hard on myself when I fail to do what is right and slip up. At the end of the day no one is perfect, we are all a working progress and transformation is gradual, it’s a process. 

Thanks for dropping by, please SUBSCRIBE & SHARE!

Selah :)

Miss Josie Jo
Xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment