Tuesday 18 June 2013

Week 6-Father, If You’re Willing, Remove This Cup From Me


This week has been such a busy and testing week for me. I have been working on my ministry, preaching and have also had to read a book and complete a book report. I’ll make another post sharing with you all what I learnt from the book. 

Freedom!

This week I called someone I knew I had to forgive and boy oh boy did it feel gooooood. I felt soooo much peace, it was overwhelming. I feel free guys. I’ve realized that when we do as God instructs, we will experience feelings and emotions we would have never thought were possible to feel. Walking with God is a journey worth pursuing. If God is speaking to you right now about forgiving someone, don’t delay! Forgive and let God heal you.

Hard-Pressed Yet Not Crushed!

To be honest with you all, I don’t feel as though I have any friends on the base and have been feeling down lately. The other day I got so frustrated with everything. My arms and feet are filled with bug bites and I have been getting sharp stomach pains. I went to the doctor to find out that I have contracted scabies and stomach worms. AND to add to it I woke up with a lip that looked like someone had knocked me out in a boxing ring. I couldn’t believe my eyes that morning. An insect thought it would be great idea to bite my bottom lip (sorry no pictures available lol).

He Loves Me Just The Way I Am

I didn’t even want to go to lectures that morning and then decided that I’ll go but would use a mask to cover it up. God instructed me not to wear the mask and I told God that I didn’t want people to see me with my lip looking the way it did. God responded by saying “Yes Josie you look like this today BUT I love you just the same”. I was like woooo! I didn’t feel as beautiful as I did the day before because of my lip yet God loves me just the same, His love is unconditional and endures forever. God’s love is incomparable. Whether you have one arm or three arms, God’s love you just the same. He loves us with an everlasting love (Jeremiah 31:3) therefore what He thinks about us is more important than what others think about us.

Convicted!

Through this experience, God exposed the condition of my heart. I felt so discouraged to the point where I was focusing so much on my situation that I pushed God to one side. The scripture that came to mind that day was Philippians 4:4 which says “Rejoice in the Lord always”. I felt so convicted and had to repent. He is worthy to be worshipped and praised regardless of my problems because HE IS GOD! HE’S THE GREAT I AM, THE CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE. In addition to this during my quiet time throughout the week God led me to 1 Chronicles 20 and then to Psalm 147 and 148 which all speak about praising God. I have realized that I don’t always praise God wholeheartedly especially when I’m going through a difficult time and this is something I need God to help me with.

Fresh Revelation!

During lectures this week, the speaker Pastor Conan was speaking on The Cross and touched on spiritual growth. This is something that has been on my mind for some time now. He said that if we want our spiritual walk to go from glory to glory and faith to faith we must fear God. The key to drawing closer to God is connected to reverence fear of God. That’s the connection. Me becoming familiar and at times not doing what I should be doing with all my heart soul mind and strength will affect my relationship with God. The Bible commands that we love God with all our heart, soul mind and strength, we must give Him our all and be consistent. 

What else has been happening this week? Ohh yes on Friday we had all night prayer, which I really enjoyed. It was from 6pm till 7am! I had the privilege of meeting YWAMers from Hawaii and also America. I felt so encouraged speaking to one woman in particular called Alison. I shared with her my feelings about being the only non-fijian on the base and my struggles. God truly blessed me-she completely understood where I was coming from and encouraged me greatly. Through being here God is teaching me so much about endurance and perseverance. 

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog :)


My email address is: josieagyeman@gmail.com, I would love to hear from you. 

Miss Josie Jo
Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment