Monday 8 July 2013

Week 7-He Is Birthing Something New


And The Stripping Continues...

I have realized I no longer wear makeup; no MAC foundation, mascara, eyeliner, lip-stick nothing lol. No more heels either. Life here in Fiji is so different to my life back in London. God is definitely stripping me new ways. To add to it, I asked someone to trim my hair for me only the person kinda got carried away with the scissors *scratches what’s left of my hair*. So now my hair is short which was a bit of a shock for me especially as I take great pride in my hair. God revealed to me that my identity is not in my hair but in Him! So now I’m going to look at it as symbolizing spiritual rebirth, new beginnings. Job 19:9-10 says “He has stripped me of my glory, and taken the crown from my head. He breaks me down on every side…” This is exactly what God is doing to me!!! God wants to refine us so that we reflect His image, when He breaks us down, He will build us up again...refined!

Following God=Dying To Self

On Monday’s all the staff and students fast and the next morning I woke up excited to eat breakfast. I went to have a shower and just as I was coming out I heard a voice saying I should fast today. I questioned whether it was really God’s voice (deep down I already knew it was Him). I then decided to search through the scriptures to get a confirmation. I opened my Bible and Amos 3:3 jumped out at me which says “can two people walk together unless they are agreed”. Boy oh boy that confirmed it and I knew that if I didn’t then I was being disobedient. I don’t know what it’s like for you but I am coming to realize more and more that my relationship with God is tested greatly when God asks me to do something. I have a choice to make, will I die to self or will I pursue my own desires. After all walking with God involves sacrifices. One thing is for sure; God will never ask us to do something we can’t do. God takes note of our sacrifices and will bless us for our obedience. Also being obedient is an act of faith. What is God asking you to do?

Bye Bye Fears

This week our speaker Auntie Vae asked us to do an exercise, we had to write down our fears and then burn it in the bonfire. Our fears will hinder our walk with God and will stop us from fulfilling our purpose. I found myself crying, overflowing with tears. I didn’t know why I was crying but one thing is for sure, something changed me for me that night!

Ahhhhh O How I Love The City!

This weekend has been my best week yet in Fiji! Auntie Jiurie invited me to spend Mothers Day with her and through her I was able to met some amazing and mighty men and women of God. I look forward to going back there soon. On Friday, we had all night prayer/ fellowship, which was just so refreshing and vibrant. We eat scrambled eggs and tea at like 4am, I slept after 5am and I was up at 10am hehe. It reminded me of my uni days and was such a nice change for me because back at the base lights go out at 10pm.
I feel like God is really changing me and what’s so amazing is that I too am starting to notice the changes. For example I’m sure you remember that in the beginning I would freak out at the sight of the frogs but now I have no problem waking up in the middle of the night to go to the loo.  I’m getting used to the food too and the environment and am learning to go deeper in the Word through memorizing scriptures and meditating daily.

That’s about all for this week, please please keeping me in your prayers. Pray for my health, strength and faith.

Vinaka

Love Miss Josie Agyeman

P.s You are the apple of God's eye hehe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment