Friday 19 July 2013

Week 9-A New Chapter Begins...


Get Behind Me Satan…

Bula! How are you all doing…this week spiritual warfare was going on. So basically the day before my birthday first my laptop just randomly decided to stop working as I was preparing to take notes for the lecture and this went on for a couple of hours. Then as the lecture was going on, I started feeling really really weak. It was weird because my body was not in pain, yet I literally felt like a spirit was pressing me down. I had to excuse myself from the lecture and go and lie down. Later one of the speakers from Australia came and prayed over me and I was able to walk and go back into the lecture. He explained to me that there is a lot of resistance; the enemy doesn’t like the fact that I’m in Fiji and drawing others closer to God.

Put On The Whole Armor of God...

As believers and soldiers in God’s army we need to expect this, we should not be discouraged. James hit the nail on the head when he said “dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing” (James 1:2-4). It’s vital that we realize that warfare is always taking place; the enemy literally walks around like a roaring lion, looking for something to attack and spit out. In spite of this there is no need for us to fear because no weapons formed against us shall proper. Yes the enemy and his demons will bring the attacks but it shall not prosper because He who is in us is greater than he that is in the world. We must put on the full armor of God so that we will be able to stand against the wiles and schemes of the enemy (Ephesians 6:11).

It’s My Birthday!

This week I turned 22 and have been reflecting on the goodness of God. God has blessed me beyond words I’m telling you. This time last year I was preparing from my final year exams and a year later I’m in Fiji! Sacrifices have been made, but looking back they have been worth it. If not for Yahweh and the people He has brought into my life to encourage and exhort me, I would not be the woman I am today. It was Yahweh who gave me the strength to get through the darkest moments in my life. God has brought me so far…from primary school to university, He has brought me through situations with my friends and families not to mention guys and been so patient with me when I backslid. In spite of all the mistakes I made and continue to make, His plans and purpose for me have not
changed. He has remained faithful beyond words. 2 Timothy 2:13 declares that even when we are faithless, He remains faithful. That’s the God I serve, and if He has done all this for me, expect Him to do great and mighty things in your life too J
I want to encourage you all to be obedient to God, if He has called you to do something, do it! Don’t procrastinate, don’t delay, don’t make excuses because if you do, you will miss the blessings God has in store for you.

Place of Worship...

Towards the end of this week God has been working on me a lot mentally and changing my mindset. This week’s topic has been Worship and one of areas the speaker touched on was our place of worship. Our place of worship is the place we spend most of our time and upon reflection, I see that my laptop has become my place of worship (the way I reacted to my laptop not working was soo not right). God also revealed with me that I have become idle with my time, browsing through Facebook for example instead of concentrating on other things. Facebook is such a big TIME-WASTER people; it seriously rubs us of our purpose. Satan is using the media to distract us from our calling and purpose. “Little” things like this are what are could be hindering our relationship with God and our personal growth.

I felt so convicted, I had to repent and every time I would look at my laptop I would see it as a “god”. Now I’m not saying there is something wrong with having a laptop, no lol. What I am saying is that anything that draws us away from God becomes an idol. What’s your place of worship? Is it your mobile phone? Job? Friends? Television? Sports or leisure activities?

Live A Holy Life

One of the chapters I have meditating on this week are 1 Corinthians 7, which speaks about the married and unmarried. We go through different seasons in our life and if you are in the season of singleness I want to encourage you to be concerned with God’s Kingdom and His will. Live a life that is separate and set apart in body and spirit. Devote your life to Him. When God believes its time for you to enter into a relationship and get married then He will bring the person. In the mean time, make the decision to be celibate and to live a holy life. Leviticus 11:44 says “I am the LORD your God; consecrate yourself and be holy, because I am holy”.

Thank you all for dropping by lol and reading what I have been up to. Feel free to drop me an email: josieagyeman@gmail.com, I would love to hear from you. 


Miss Josie Jo 
Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment