Friday 19 July 2013

Week 10-Be Transformed By The Renewing Of Your Mind…


Hey! How are you all doing on this fine day lol? This week I have been feeling under the weather and have been sick (yet again). This week I have had tonsillitis, my throat has been killing me and I haven’t been able to eat much because of it. I have also been spending time with one of the neighbours and her children, which has been a source of comfort for me as I miss home.

It’s All About You Jesus

Me and some of the kids from Kids Club
I’m learning more and more to rejoice in the Lord despite my circumstances. God has been reminding me to focus on the bigger picture rather than paying attention to my issues and problems. For example I don’t like the food I eat at times, the sun is scorching hot down here and I sometimes find it so unbearable not to mention the ongoing issue with the language barrier. I’ve been meditating on Hebrews 11 and boy did it put me in my place. These champions of faith went through soo much yet here I am complaining and wanting to run home. Yes I’m struggling in my own way but it doesn’t compare. I need to remind myself that me travelling to the other side of the world was not in vein; it’s because of Jesus! When we take our eyes off Jesus, our problems will look bigger than they are.
Me and Baby Tama
Earthly Riches vs Heavenly Riches

God really spoke to me through Hebrews 11:24-26 AMP. It says “[aroused] by faith Moses, when he had grown to maturity and become great, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh’s daughter, because he preferred to share the oppression [suffer the hardships] and bear the shame of the people of God rather than to have the fleeting enjoyment of a sinful life. He considered the contempt and abuse and shame [borne for] the Christ (the Messiah Who was to come) to be greater wealth than all the treasures of Egypt, for he looked forward and away to the reward (recompense)”.

Moses gave up his status, riches and comfortable lifestyle all for Christ and God’s calling and purpose. He thought it was worth far more than all the treasures of Egypt…do you feel the same way about Christ? Through this portion of scripture, God also encouraged me to stop focusing on the country I left behind and focus on the here and now. In Luke 9:62 Jesus said, “no one, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back is fit for the kingdom of God”. I can testify that the word of God really is sharper than any double-edged sword and is able to discern the thoughts and intentions of the heart. This convicted me, like it’s sooo true! I can’t be double minded. My body can’t be here whilst my mind is in London it just doesn’t make sense. I need to focus on what God has called me to here in Fiji and press on.

God I Place My Life In Your Hands

I have been praying about what to do after I finish outreach. I don’t want to make the wrong decision whilst at the same time I don’t want my decisions to be based on my own desires. I do miss London so much! I miss my family and friends, food (below are pictures of some of the food we eat on the base). I miss having my own space not to mention the little things like having the freedom to be creative and dress up but if God has called me to stay here for more than 6 months then I’ll be obedient and stay.

 Something I have been struggling with this week is worry; I have definitely fallen short in this area. As much as I have been ‘praying’ for God to direct my path and show me what He has in store for me, I have questioned where He is leading me to. Imagine I have questioned God’s sovereignty and character smh! I truly feel like I'm walking by faith, I don’t know what’s next but I choose to trust God. God spoke to me through Proverbs 3:5-6 and encouraged me to TRUST HIM. This pretty much sums up our relationship with God-we must have faith and trust Him, after all “the just shall live by faith and without faith it is IMPOSSIBLE to please Him.

                      

            











Worry-The Paralysis of Faith

When we worry, we assume responsibility for things we were never intended to handle. Matthew 6:25-34 speaks about how we should not worry. It’s a command from Jesus. To worry is to have a divided mind, and at the end of the day worrying doesn’t change anything. It simply draws us away from God and His faithfulness and righteousness and this is what Satan wants. If you find yourself worrying, I urge you to turn to God’s Word and let Him speak to you. When you cry out to Him and express your fears, He shall fill you with His peace and guard your heart and mind (Philippians 4:6-7). Before you even started to worry, God was already working things out for you because He see’s your tomorrows.

Thank you for reading what I have been up to, I pray you are encouraged and hope that by reading my blog, you are drawing closer to God.

P.s my email address is josieagyeman@gmail.com, feel free to drop me an email.

Love Miss Josie Jo
Xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment