Saturday 7 September 2013

Week 11-My Saviour, Redeemer, Lifted Me From The Miry Clay


This week has been yet another hard and perplexing week for me. I have felt so lonely and withdrawn from everyone.  And to add to it, God has been continuing to expose and purify me but in spite of everything, I have found myself pouring my heart out to God more and more.

Feeling Weary & Alone

This weekend the YWAM conference took place and to be honest I didn’t feel like going at all! On Friday, we were waiting for the bus to go to the conference and I was thinking ‘Oh Lord I don’t see the point in going out this weekend, I just wanna be by myself’. Then the bus came and I heard someone calling my name. I looked up and saw one of the girls from YWAM New Zealand that I met a couple of weeks ago. My first reaction was “God You’re amazing”. He is so faithful guys, He knew I was lonely and provided a companion to encourage and lift my Spirit. My God steps in right on time hehe.


One the opening night at the conference, we have a worship ceremony. I poured out my heart to God and told Him that I wanted to encounter Him in a fresh way and He heard and answered me. I was having communion with Ranadi when I felt God’s presence. He touched my shoulders. I knew it was Him and it was just what I needed. There are seasons and moments in our lives when we feel like no one understands us, when we feel like we are completely alone. And that’s not true. Jesus is our closest friend. When your friends and family forsake you, Jesus has promised to never leave nor forsake you (Hebrews 13:8). Even when you don’t feel His presence He is still here with you. Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever and that’s the Good News!

Something Heather Lindsey said really encouraged me; she said “whenever I get lonely, I know that it’s God calling me back to fellowship with Him. So take that lonely feeling & give it to God. Pour out.” This was so true for me. It’s in those dark moments that we need to turn to God more than ever before and go deeper.

My Father Is So Awe-some!

This weekend turned out to be a refreshing experience for me lol. I woke up at like 6.20am on Saturday and me along with two friends went to go and sit on the beach and watch the sun come out. The heavens truly do declare the glory of God, the God we serve is so big like no words can express how incredible God is!

So remember in my last blog post I spoke about how I wasn’t sure about the next step for me after outreach, well this week I met a woman who happens to be a counselor and this is the route I want to pursue after I finish. We spoke and she advised me about the possible steps I could take after I finish outreach. God used the lady to give me direction concerning my future. Like isn’t God just incredible??!

I Know That My Redeemer Lives...

Psalm 40:1-3 has been a real source of encouragement for me this week. This scripture is not just referring to being born again and Christ redeeming us, it’s also referring to the here and now. Over the past couple of weeks I have felt like I’m in the wilderness.  But God has been so loyal and caring. The horrible pit in verse 2 can represent a season of darkness; situations when you feel stuck and feel like there is no way out. But Yahweh has promised to deliver us from our trials (Psalm 34:4). If we wait on Him in patient expectation, we will discover security and refreshing newness fellowship with Him.

And The Transformation Continues…

This week’s topic was called Plumb line and one of the speakers helped me to discover that some of my past experiences have affected me emotionally. This is an area God is currently dealing with in my life. Whilst she was praying for me, I saw an image of a coconut. God showed me that the coconut represents me and He wants to break my heart of stone. A coconut is hard and woody on the outside whilst the inside is white flesh, which contains clear liquid. God revealed to me that my past experiences have led to me building up walls around my heart.
God also led me to the revelation that when we build up walls around our heart because of past hurt, we not only push others away but we also push God away too and this will affect our relationship with Him. What’s the solution? We must be real with God, take our issues to Him and allow Him to heal us of our hurt otherwise the issue becomes a stumbling block in our lives. What is a stumbling block in your life right now that is affecting your relationship with God and others?


P.s my email address is josieagyeman@gmail.com, feel free to drop me an email.

No comments:

Post a Comment