Saturday 7 September 2013

Week 12-His Love & Mercy Endures Forever


Hey guys, how are you all? How blessed are we to see a new day, praise Yahweh!This week has been an eye-opening week for me. God has not finished with me yet lol and I truly believe that He is continuing to perfect everything that concerns me (Psalm 138:8). How is your relationship with God, is it growing or has it become stagnant? It is so important that we regularly examine ourselves and check whether or not we are in the faith (2 Corinthians 13:5). If we have become complacent in any way, we must take the necessary steps and align ourselves with God’s Word.  

There Is No Greater Love

This week’s topic was called Destiny By Design and one of the speakers shared with us an analogy using a $50 dollar note. He said that even if the note is trampled on so many times, it’s worth still remains and you’re able to purchase something with it right? Well this also applies with us. In God’s eyes our worth is not dependent on what has happened to us. Our intrinsic worth comes from Him and Him alone, after all was it not He who created us? Regardless of the mistakes we made in the past and continue to make we are still who God says we are. My initial thought was “wow, what a beautiful illustration”. 

God said that we are the “apple of His eye” (Deuteronomy 32:10) before we were even created, and that truth still stands today. So regardless of whether you have been abused, taken drugs, committed sexual sin, stolen or even murdered someone; God’s thoughts towards you are the same as when you were born. Numbers 23:19 declares that God is not a man that He should lie, nor the son of man that He should change His mind…God’s Word never changes!

In Jeremiah 31:3, our heavenly Father said that He loves us with an everlasting love. The word everlasting means; eternal, without end and enduring. How astounding is that? To think that God love’s is not dependent on what we do-or don’t do is so beautiful. We don’t have to earn His love, so STOP TRYING! He loves you regardless. Before Jesus even cast out demons, ministered to others and revived the dead, God already loved Him and said, “You are My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased”.

Josie…Chill!

What else has been happening this week for me? As many of you already know I’m a thinker. I think a lot, too much in fact at times. I also see that I take life too seriously. I’m coming to realise more and more that this is a problem. After all God wants us to enjoy life rather than just endure it. God also revealed to me that one of the things that draws me away from Him are my thoughts. I worry a lot and the more time I spend worrying, the less I focus on Him. And this is sin. I’m learning more and more that there is absolutely no point in worrying. What I need to do is fix my eyes on Him rather than the things of this world and cast my burdens onto Him (Psalm 55:22). I must make the decision to trust God and believe that everything will fall into place.

I hope you are all encouraged by what I have been sharing.
Have a blessed day :)


P.s my email address is josieagyeman@gmail.com, feel free to drop me an email.

Love Miss Josie Jo
Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment