Sunday 8 September 2013

Week 13-Everything Has Changed!


This week I have been so emotional. On Monday I got a phone call from the airport asking me to come and pick up a parcel my family sent from England. I was so excited to eat strawberry bonbons from Marks and Spencer’s haha but little did I know that this parcel would humble me and make me sob like a baby! I opened the parcel to see so much snacks and treats not to mention gifts and birthday cards and video clips. I did not anticipate just how much this parcel would make realise how much I miss my friends and family back home.

I was in tears and didn’t want to talk to anyone. I just wanted to be by myself so when I got home, I spend some time alone with God. I asked God what was next for me. I wanted to know if it was His will for me to stay in Fiji for more than 6 months? I was so puzzled. I didn’t know what was next for me. Truthfully, if I was to come back to London in September I don’t even know what I would be doing. A couple of weeks ago I spoke with my mum over Face Time and I asked her to show me around the house. It’s weird because the house no longer felt like my home.

He’s Calling Me Deeper

On Wednesday morning I was listening to a song called ‘Deeper’ by Marvin Sapp. This song really ministered to me and was a confirmation from God that He has called me to Fiji for more than just 6 months. God speaks people, He speaks. If we ask, He will answer and reveal to us great and mighty things that we do not know (Jeremiah 33:3). There’s a part in the song which says ‘the place that I’m in can no longer contain my destiny, and though it may have some pain I adhere to the call inside of me’-London is that place. God is calling me deeper. He wants to take me to a brand new level and going to another level=sacrifice. If we want to enter new dimensions and levels we must give up something. God is calling us all to go deeper!


God,I Need A Moment!

After I got the confirmation from God my initial reaction was “God, this was never MY plan”! I kept saying to my friends, “I’ll be back in 6 months” but little did I know that God had different plans for me. I made a mistake. I failed to take into account Proverbs 16:9 which says “a man’s heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps”. I failed to realise that my life is not my own and as a result I was finding it hard to submit to His will. I was like a baby kicking and screaming and as much as I confessed with my mouth “God, Your will be done” I just wasn’t ready to surrender my life completely to Him.

One of the amazing qualities about God is that He is so gentle. When I looked back at how far I had come since being in Fiji and everything that has happened, I see that God was preparing me all along for that moment. He was preparing my heart and knew the right time to confirm it to me. He led to notes in my Bible, which said “complete trust in God demands that we relinquish all rights to direct the course of our own life. By surrendering to God’s will, we affirm that our Father knows best. Personal aspirations become secondary to God’s divine plan”….OUCH! Who ever said this Christian walk ain’t easy was not lying!!!

I felt like I was in the middle of the ocean. Stuck. I couldn’t even tell you if I was floating or not lol. I had a choice to make, God’s way or my way? God has given us free will. We can’t go His way unless we are willing to give up our own plans. Now I’m learning more and more to say “Father, here are my plans, if it’s Your will, bring it to pass in Your timing. And believe me when I say this hasn’t been easy but God is so gracious, I thank Him for His tender mercies. John says in 1 John 5:14 “now this the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will He hears us. And if we know that He hears us whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him. The key words here are “according to His will”.

We Were Created For His Glory

God created us with a purpose and He has His own plans for us. The word purpose means: the reason for which something is done or created or for which something exists. We didn’t choose our purpose God did. “It is only in God that we discover our origin, our identity, our meaning, our purpose, our significant, and our destiny. Every other path leads to a dead end”-Rick Warren. We were born by God’s purpose and for His purpose. It’s not about us, it’s about HIM! Revelation 4:11 declares that God created everything, and it is for His pleasure that they exist and were created. If you haven’t read Rick Warren’s book The Purpose Driven Life, I strongly recommend you do, this will definitely put life into prospective. In Isaiah 43:7 it says “Everyone who is called by My name, whom I have created for My glory; I have formed him, yes I have made Him". We were created for His glory and pleasure.

I was looking back at my old journal and saw that in January 2012 I was contemplating whether or not to come to Fiji after I finished university. God is so faithful, a year and 6 months later, here I am in Fiji. God had a plan for me from before I was born and has been ordering my steps all along. He has been orchestrating my life and He is orchestrating YOUR life too. We were in His care even before we were born (Isaiah 44:2). Will you surrender your life to God so that you can discover and fulfill your destiny and purpose?

Thank you all for taking the time to read my blog and know that I have been praying for each and everyone of you.

P.s feel free to subscribe to my blog posts :)

Miss Josie Jo
Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment