Thursday 12 September 2013

Week 14-God, Help Me Focus On The Bigger Picture


Blessed Sunday With The Church Family

On Sunday, one of the women from church invited me to have lunch with her and her family. I love how welcoming and generous the people of Fiji are! I had such a lovely evening with her and her family. Whilst there, God kept prompting me speak to her daughter who was blind about discovering her spiritual gifts. Through being there I see how He used me to encourage and minister to her.


                                            Feeling Frustrated & Annoyed


This week I feel like my patience has been tested on another level. I have been having issues with some of the people around me. I was so frustrated and annoyed that I decided to go for a walk. Whilst walking, I looked up and saw the sky looked. It looked so beautiful (picture on right). As we can see from the picture there are small grey clouds and the rest of the sky is filled with white clouds. Despite the small grey clouds, the sky still looks beautiful right? God spoke to me through His creation and told me that I should focus on the bigger picture. He encouraged me to not get distracted focusing on the little things but instead focus my time and energy on my calling and purpose. This is how God wants us to live; He wants focus first on His kingdom (Matthew 6:33) and be concerned about fulfilling our purpose. Paul was someone who understood this. It was as if he had tunnel vision because He didn’t see the need to be concerned with things that didn’t really matter. Instead he pressed “towards the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus”(Philippians 3:14).

Fellowship With The Teens

On Friday, I went to a village close to the city of Suva called Namatakula. We had a fundraising in preparation for outreach. On that night we arrived, the rest of the team went to fellowship, but because it was in Fijian I decided to stay at home. Whilst being at home, I was introduced to a few teenagers that lived nearby. I ended up sharing the Gospel with them and teaching them more about God’s Word and we had such a lovely evening lol. I felt like a Sunday school teacher that night and thank God for ministering through me.


What else has been happening to me this week? Well as you know from previous posts that I have been seeking God about the next step and this week He revealed to me a glimpse of what the future holds for me. I see now that He wants to use my Psychology degree to bring understanding and work with people with mental health issues in Fiji. I’m super excited for what God has in store for me!

Rebellion=Willful Disobedience…OUCH!

I have also been learning a lot about myself…well God has been exposing things lol! I was brought up in an individualistic society and am so used to being independent and doing my own thing. I now realize that although this is a good thing in some respects it can also be a hindrance in the Kingdom of God. The Bible speaks about how in the Body Of Christ there is to be “no division in the body” (1 Corinthians 12:12). Though we are many, we are one body in union with Christ, and are all joined to each other as different parts of one body (Romans 12:5).

Me being so independent at times has resulted in me finding it hard to submit to leadership. I can be so rebellious and stubborn at times and I recognize now that rebellion=willful disobedience …YIKES! As we all know a rebellious spirit does not please God. Ultimately, all rebellion is against God! This is regardless of whether it’s against leaders, parents or the law. After all God established those patterns of authority (Romans 13:2). I had to repent and change my mindset.  I came across a quote that said, “those who do their own thing will never lead any body, but those who know how to follow will be good leaders”. I can’t be a good leader if I’m not a good follower and disciple!

How are you when it comes to submitting to authority? Are you struggling or have you mastered submission? If you are struggling in this area, I want to encourage you to repent and ask the Holy Spirit to help you. His grace is sufficient and made perfect in weakness (2 Corinthians 12:9). In Isaiah 1:19 it says that if we are willing and obedient, we shall eat the good of the land scripture.  Don’t you want to eat the good of the land?

My email address is: josieagyeman@gmail.com, I would love to hear from you. 

Miss Josie Jo
Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment